While email is still vital for enterprises, unfortunately it continues to be a siloed form of communication. It keeps information away from teams who primarily communicate using digital collaboration platforms. Lark, however, aims to change this with the launch of its latest product offering, Lark Mail.
Lark Mail, along with the rest of Lark’s suite of collaboration tools consisting of 200GB cloud storage, 500GB email storage and unlimited video call minutes, is available for free for businesses in the Philippines.
Collaborate and listen
“Email remains a core component to the workflow of many organizations, but its separation from other collaborative tools such as messenger creates bottlenecks in productivity and makes it hard to stay on the same page,” said Joey Lim, Lark VP of Commercial, Asia, in a press statement.
Lark Mail will be seamlessly integrated with Lark’s suite of collaboration tools. These include Messenger, Video Calling, Docs and Sheets, Cloud Storage, and Calendar.
“We strongly believe Lark Mail’s integration of email with Messenger, Video Calling, Docs, Cloud Storage, and Calendar will break down these barriers and transform the way email is used within our customers’ organizations,” Lim said.
Lark Mail has finally connected email to the other essential tools used in today’s workplace, allowing users to:
- Email a Chat Group. In the recipients field, users can input the names of not just individual colleagues, but also chat groups to send team emails to.
- Keep Email Organized with Smart Inbox. Lark Mail automatically surfaces “Priority” email first so users can see what’s important at a glance.
- Provide Quick Permissions. When sending a Lark Doc in an email, users can see clearly whether the recipients have access to it or not, and give them the permission to read or edit the Lark Doc with one click.
- Out of Office Reply. Create a personalized out of office reply to automatically respond to emails you receive when on a business trip or leave.
- Gmail Integration. Instead of logging in to Gmail each day, users can link their Gmail accounts to Lark to enjoy seamless integration between email, messenger, and drive.
The magic of sharing
In addition to Lark Mail, the company also recently introduced a new feature called Magic Share. This allows participants to edit content within the video call window, and view content being presented at their own pace.
Magic Share eliminates the need to have multiple tabs open. This is usually what happens when working with colleagues on a collaborative document during a video call.
It also means users no longer have to worry about keeping up with a presenter. Once the presenter shares a document, teammates can view it at their own pace. They can also co-edit directly from within the video call window. This effectively breaks down the wall between visual and written communication.