This initiative provides a unified platform for different business groups within Globe to address the needs of educators, parents, and students. One of the challenges GoLearn will help address are the greater demands placed upon teachers by online learning. For instance, some teachers might still be uncomfortable with using technology, while others are finding it difficult to adjust their teaching style to adapt to the new learning environment.
“In Globe, we have several programs to help upscale our teachers. So we have our E-Skwela online training webinars that happen every month. We train our teachers. We also have our Global Filipino Teachers in partnership with the Department of Education, so makikita ninyo po (you will see) from time to time, we have live webinars dito po sa (here on the) DepEd Facebook page sponsored by Globe so that we can upscale our teachers on their psychosocial development as well as for their life skills,” said Mark Abalos, Segment Head for One Globe Education, in response to a question from Digital Life Asia.
Abalos said that the company also offers a course on digital learning so that teachers will be prepared, especially those who are not yet familiar with online learning platforms.
GoLearn is supported by the different groups within Globe:
- Globe Enterprise provides students from low-income households with access to new normal education through the enhanced Phinma Education data plan.
- Globe Small and Medium Enterprise assists institutions with digital transformation to enhance teachers’ teaching abilities and support the learning competencies of students. This is done through its E-Skwela Webinars and Online Training Program which are meant to enlighten the education sector on the vast benefits that digitalization brings towards continuous growth of quality education.
- Globe At Home gives its subscribers learning vouchers through the Globe At Home app.
- Globe Prepaid, through Virtual Hangouts, has scheduled a series of activities or interactive experiences for students to enable meaningful connections and renew school friendships.
- TM has a FunAral E-Campus to be rolled out in different TM Campus Connect partners and national school organizations intended to immerse the students in a fun and engaging virtual learning experience.
- Educational apps and learning activities and resources are also made available for Globe customers
- Globe also leads the way in creating a safer online environment with programs that promote cybersecurity and safety, responsible digital citizenship, and mental wellness.